Friday, March 15, 2013

About Me


I am from Western Pennsylvania, I grew up hunting and fishing with my Dad and brothers. Deer season was one of the most anticipated events of the year, except maybe Christmas when we got hunting related gifts.

When I was in High school in the late '70's, I bought a bow from a kid at school, my brother got one too. we got pretty good shooting the old bear bows. and tried hunting that fall, we didnt get anything, but it started a small fire inside me. After moving to another town graduating high school, going to trade school moving to Virginia and eventually coming back to Pennsylvania I bought another bow. and met a friend who was a hunting freak. We were both on a mission to learn this bowhunting thing. I eventually shot a small buck with my bow. I had mixed emotions since PA only allows 1 buck I wouldn't be rifle hunting this year. Over the course of years the flame of archery hunting has almost become consuming. The bow is my weapon of choice.

In early 2010 I was invited on an Archery elk hunt to Colorado. and a new passion was sparked. In September 2012 I got my first Elk with the bow on my second attempt a mature cow. The process of planning and preparing and eventually harvesting an elk is addictive.

2012 cow elk
married to an awesome woman and we have three kids.

I want to share some of my experiences in the field, with gear and equipment and the animals.


Jimbow

3 comments:

  1. Hi! really informative post about Hunting .thanks for information

    ReplyDelete
  2. Informative article, just what I was looking for. Thank you so much for taking the time for you personally to share such a nice info.

    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    BEST TIME OF DAY TO HUNT DEER

    ReplyDelete
  3. very good post that actual beneficial idea, thanks, see here my website

    ReplyDelete